Thursday, March 31, 2011

{Grady} Bana-na-na-NOOOO & other news...

"Well hello! I've missed you"

It has been quite a while since I have done an update on our sweet little Grady. Well, this morning we had a new "first". Not your typical "record-it-in-the-baby-book" kind of first, but it was kind of funny so I thought I would share...

Grady has done amazing since we started solids. He pretty much gobbles up whatever it is that I make for him. The only 2 things he has not enjoyed are avocados and banana. Well, all the books say that it can take up to 10 times for some babies to catch on to liking some foods, so I thought this morning would be a good morning to try banana again. I fed him about 3/4 of his bowl of oatmeal cereal, then I mashed up 2 super tiny (like pea sized) pieces of banana into the remaining oatmeal. First bite: he gagged then threw up his ENTIRE breakfast. Awesome. Is it horrible that I giggled a little after he threw up for the very first time in his life?? I kind of feel like a horrible mom, but honestly the look on his face after it happened was just priceless. It read something along the lines of, "Seriously mom. I'm NOT kidding when I tell you that I DON'T LIKE BANANAS. Next time you try this it's gonna be projectile vomit all over you, not the nice regular kind like I just did."

And here is his face shortly after:
(Well, after I stripped his vomit covered onesie off him and grabbed my camera)
In other news....
Grady is on the move as of a few weeks ago! He is rolling, scooting and semi-crawling all over the place! Life has totally changed. Gone are the days of lying out a blanket and a few toys while I get stuff done around the house! I knew this was coming soon, but oh man...what happened to my little baby?!?! :)

As of now his favorite things to "scooch" or roll to are...
- Red (his favorite)
- The leavers on our recliner and couch
- My books on the bookshelf
- The basket with blankets and his football
- The cool shinny legs of the desk
- Cords (currently working on getting those out of reach)
My silly, wiggly, smiley guy...
He also LOVES to grab for my camera when I am taking pics of him. Poor guy has already had more pictures taken of him in 7 months than most people have taken in their entire lifetime! :)
Words can't describe how much Greg and I love this little guy...
This is mid-chatter. He chit-chats all the time with me, or just himself. Sometime to Red too. It's just too cute. CrAzY cute...
Grady's "determined" look when he spots something he must have...
And for my new favorite phrase I have to say multiple times a day:
"Grady, lets not eat Red please. Thank you."
(wow...do I sounds like a mom or what?!? yikes...when did that happen??)
I honestly never imagined mommy-hood to be this wonderful...

0 comments: