Wednesday, June 11, 2008

2008 Young Family Girls Weekend

Last weekend was our 5th Annual Girls Weekend. This year we all congregated in Poulsbo Washington at the Green Cat Bed & Breakfast...

Some of you know, and some of you do not know that we have a fun little tradition that we partake in every year...Huge...colorful...sunglasses! We take a group picture in them every year.


Here are some past years group pictures:

2007 in Downtown Portland

2006 at Hearthstone in McCall Idaho

2005 at "The Woods" in Camas Washington

2004 in Sun River Oregon

Another one of our traditions is to play Bunko!
Here, Aunt Debby just got the "Bunko Bear"

And with Bunko, there comes wonderful prizes...


On Saturday, we did some shopping in Downtown Poulsbo. We started out at the Farmers Market. On our walk back to downtown, we spotted a lot of fun homes with beautiful flowers...

Here is Grandma, Aunt Phyllis and Mom figuring out their next Antique Shop to attack as Aunt Debby had already found her next plan of attack, the Poulsbo Bakery!

We found a wonderful passer-byer to take a few group shots of us by the water...

While we were there on the water, we spotted a bald eagle! This is the closest I have ever been to one...


After Shopping, we decided to treat our little tootsies with Pedicures...



We had a little "photo shoot" on Sunday before we left. I had a blast using my new camera!








Grandpa is going to love these. I told Grandma to "work it" and here she is...

Then I told her to "pucker those lips"...

Then I said, "No, like a kiss!"

She is such a doll!

As usual, it was a blast! The weekend goes by so fast, but we always seem to create wonderful memories in that short amount of time!

Love you guys! We missed all of you that were not able to make it, but you were in our thoughts!

Oh! I forgot to post a few pictures of my ferry ride home (this is a late addition to the post)...

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Fabulous pictures Kara. Now I can't wait to post some on my blog. I have them download, just need to get them on the blog. I'll create a group room for Girl's weekend at Costco photo so we can upload them and share. Have a great week!!

Sadie said...

Your Grandma is adorable, looks like a fun time had by all! :)

KJo said...

Great pictures! It was so good to talk to you this evening. Hope you got a lot of studying done!

Ryan and Nicole said...

This looks like such a fun a great way to share time with family! I want my mom and sisters to start to do something like this too.

Love the glasses idea and your grandmother is absolutely precious!!